My name is Bonnie and I'm a printmaker based on the Isle of Islay, off the west coast of Scotland. I create linocut prints inspired by the remote and wild landscape that surrounds my home.
It wasn't until 2020 that I discovered linocut and printmaking. The coronavirus lockdown made me re-evaluate my life. Having spent years in an office environment, the slowing down of life, exploring the natural world around my home led to a passion in recreating the detail of Islay's natural landscape through linocut. A year later I was able to give up my office job and make Islay Prints my full time business. My husband, an occasional artist contributes to my portfolio of work, very much inspired by his work in conservation.
We are passionate about wildlife and the natural environment, sourcing our products with care, ensuring we use recycled paper and card as much as possible, posting plastic free and giving back. To date we have donated £500 to charities - Plantlife and Butterfly Conservation through the sale of our work.
You can find our products in the following shops;
- Ardnahoe Distillery - Port Asking, Isle of Islay
- Bruichladdich Distillery - Bruichladdich, Isle of Islay
- Coastal Designs - Campbeltown, Mull of Kintyre
- Islay Natural History Trust - Port Charlotte, Isle of Islay
- Old Waiting Room Gallery - Scalasaig, Isle of Colonsay
- Port Charlotte Stores - Port Charlotte, Isle of Islay
- Sea Pink Gallery - Scalasaig, Isle of Colonsay
- Shop in the Box - The Oa, Isle of Islay
- Spirited Soaps - Bowmore, Isle of Islay
- The Blue Letterbox - Port Ellen, Isle of Islay
If you are interest in purchasing our products wholesale, please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a catalogue.